Senior/Mid Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails)
We’re looking for an Backend Developer to be part of a great team that enable us to keep creating the best products in the industry 💪
As a Backend Developer at Hero Gaming work is performed with the best practices in Backend where Ruby / Ruby on Rails are our favourite languages. You are going to work with a team of dedicated developers, operations engineers, QAs, POs and third party teams. You'll be close to the product, discussing requirements and features with stake holders and business owner. You'll be working with modern technologies and industry standards.
Your heroic quest is to continue the evolution of our several fantastic brands. Apart from the development process, you also participate in the design, analysis and quality assurance of the entire system.
You will integrate with 3rd party suppliers, such as gaming suppliers and other related systems. English is of course not a problem for you as you need to communicate internationally.
You have the option of joining our team in our sleek offices located in Sweden (Malmö), Malta (Swieqi), or remotely preferably within UTC -1 to UTC +3 time zones, CET core hours 🌍.
Reporting to the Head of Backend Development, together with our team of heroes you will be:
- Writing and reviewing code
- Defining and building new features together with production team
- Improving application performance, refactor code and fix bugs
- Covering code with unit and integration test using TDD
- Integrating with various third party services
- Implementing change requests to backend applications that make-up the backend of our products.
- Planing, defining and describing technical solutions and change requests to improve our software.
- Maintaining the codebase according to conventions and standards.
- Working with stakeholders to refine and elaborate on requirements and acceptance criteria for change requests.
- Working with other developers and teams to help implement and maintain the infrastructure needed to run the products in testing- and live environments.
- Attending training within relevant areas of expertise.
- Supporting with testing and verification of solutions.
- Sharing knowledge within your area of expertise through mentoring or training.
- Maintaining a level of relevant technical skill at least on par with what you possessed upon starting.
- Keeping yourself informed about the developments within relevant areas of expertise such as programming, web-development, methodology etc.
- To the best of his/her ability, within reasonable limits, perform any other tasks considered relevant to the improvement and maintenance of our products by the Head of Backend Development
These are the technologies you'll be using:
- Ruby on Rails
Do you have what it takes? 😎 This is what we’re looking for:
- Production experience developing Ruby code
- Experience with Git/Github
- Experience with designing and implementing API
- General SQL knowledge
- Knowledge of testing principles
- Good collaboration and communication with other team members
- You will hit plus points if you have experience in the listed technologies
- Experience in DeVops is also considered an asset
So why Hero Gaming you may ask? 🦸♂️
As one of the fastest growing stars on the iGaming sky ✨, you will never have a dull day here. New exciting projects and tasks will fill your days where you are surrounded by a warm and friendly atmosphere 🥰.
Who We Are 🖤
Founded in 2013, Hero Gaming focuses on offering the best gaming experience in the market through customer centricity and diverse options for its customers through speed, simplicity and gamification. The humble and truly passionate team behind our brands not only come up with new and creative ideas, but also have a great track record in executing projects with agility. Thanks to our brilliant team, Hero Gaming has become one of the most reputable companies in the industry.
How we do it 👊
Opportunistic, fast-thinking, fast-working, fast-playing and fast-learning, Hero Gaming is committed to transparency, collaboration, experimentation, and agility. We Love what we do, we Dare to take risks, to think differently, and we Win by working hard to achieve our goals and beyond.
We believe that we are on a journey together which is revolutionising our industry. We have created an environment where innovation and creativity are fostered. Our Heroes are empowered and supported to be the best version of themselves by enjoying flexibility, career development, fantastic benefits, and most importantly – a great culture.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, our heroes have many different backgrounds, perspectives, and lifestyles, and we like it that way. We embrace and celebrate diversity; it is one of our core strengths that enable us to dream big, think big and make big things happen.
We work hard and we celebrate in style… just like any Hero would!
Here at Hero Gaming, we strive to give all our employees the best working experience in the industry. Check out our careers page for more information about the benefits across our different locations.
- Malmö, San Ġiljan
- Remote status
- Fully Remote
- Employment type
Workplace & Culture
Culture is really all about how we learn to treat each other, how we learn to work together, the pace we set, how far we want to grow, and how much we want to win.
#LoveDareWin is the motto we live by at Hero Gaming. We love what we do, dare to be innovative and win by doing what we believe in. The iGaming industry is one of the most fast paced industries in the world and, therefore, staying responsible, agile and open minded is fundamental to our company’s continued success.
About Hero Gaming
Hero Gaming was founded in 2013 by Georg Westin, who was at the forefront of offering gamified casinos – a unique experience which players had not previously seen. Casino Heroes was launched in 2014 with an initial focus on Scandinavian countries.
Throughout the past few years, our multi-brand strategy grew to include the launch of a number of new brands to our ever-growing portfolio, aimed at providing the best experience for our players. The speed at which these brands went to market is a reflection of the passion for innovation and agility which in turn enabled us to reap great benefits for the business and for our Heroes. We’re now thrilled to embark on our next adventure where we’re daring to dream to take Hero Gaming to a global level.
The humble and truly passionate team behind our brands do not only come up with new and creative ideas, but also have a great track record in executing projects with agility. Thanks to our great team, Hero Gaming has become one of the industry’s most reputable companies.
Senior/Mid Backend Developer (Ruby on Rails)
Loading application form